What is American Craft Week
Every day thousands of American artists share their vision and talent by producing amazing hand-made decorative and functional objects. And every day thousands of craft retailers, like us, share our love of these items by displaying, promoting and selling them. As one craft artist put it, "this is the creative economy!"
American Craft enriches our homes, wardrobes, offices and public spaces. It contributes to our nation's economy, our balance of trade, and the fabric of our national history. It is original, beautiful and enduring, so let's tell the world!
So we ask you to join us in publicizing, educating and displaying American Craft for ten days each October. Join the national celebration of American Craft!
What makes you smile?
- Prize: $250 for the top photo
- Entrees must be received by September 21, 2018
- American made crafts only
- You must be able to tell us who made the craft
- Only submit an image you have taken or have the rights to.
- The National ACW Committee will choose the nine finalists and the winning photo.
- One photo will be posted to the American Craft Week Facebook page each day during American Craft Week, October 5-14, with the Grand Prize Winner posted on October 14.